Thursday, December 17, 2015

Vanilla Brown Sugar Cookies

These are my favorite cookie ever!

When I was young and foolish, I didn't really like chocolate. I know, I know, clearly I was insane. My insanity did deliver one wonderful thing, though, and that is this cookie.

I loved chocolate chip cookies, but I didn't like the chocolate chips. So when I was probably 10, I started asking my Mom if she would make some of the chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips.  She did, and it was bliss.

After a couple years of this, she got an idea one day to add a packet of vanilla pudding into the cookies. OH. MY. HEAVENS. It was so good. I've since enhanced the recipe a tiny bit and thus, I bring you Vanilla Brown Sugar cookies.


Here's what you need:

2 1/4 cups flour
1 package vanilla pudding
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 sticks slightly melted butter
3/4 Cups white sugar
3/4 Cups Brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs

To make them:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together flour, vanilla pudding, baking soda and salt in a small bowl
3. Use a hand mixer to beat together butter, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Beat this until it turns into a light brown, very creamy mixture.
4. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
5. Drop tablespoon size balls of dough on a cookie sheet.
6. Bake 8-10 minutes until they begin to turn a light golden brown and they spring back when touched.
7. Cool and enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment