Sunday, December 13, 2015

Oreo Snowman Pops

I love the holidays. Cookies, parties, eggnog, family, presents- I love it all.

I also love Pinterest, especially around the holidays. So, in true pinner-fashion, I just had to take a shot at making these adorable snowman pops.

I have to be honest, this wasn't my first attempt. I had tried this last year, and it didn't quite go so well. Luckily, I tried again and this time I found a few little tips and tricks that made all the difference!

All you need is:
1 Package of Double Stuff oreos
1 Bag white chocolate chips  (Or vanilla meltable wafers)
Chocolate chips to melt for decoration (or you can use gel icing, meltable wafers, sugar cookie frosting made of 10x sugar and milk, sprinkles, etc.)
Something to use for nose (I used sugar cookie frosting, but you can use anything you'd like!)
1 package lollipop sticks

To make them:
1. Pull apart the cookie and press your lollipop stick into the cream filling.
2. Melt your white chocolate chips.
3. Cover the cream and lollipop stick with melted chocolate and put the cookie back together.
4. Allow the chocolate a moment to dry and harden. This is important, as the chocolate will be your only hope for holding the cookie together when you dip it into the melted chocolate to coat the outside.
5. Dip the Oreo into the melted white chocolate, gently scrape excess melted chocolate to prevent drips. Stand oreo pop up in a holder (can make one out of cardboard by poking holes if you don't have one) and allow chocolate to dry.
6. Repeat step 5 until pops are thoroughly coated (I did mine twice each)
7. Decorate! I melted a small amount of chocolate chips and then dipped the end of a lollipop stick and dabbed it on the snowman face. For the nose, I mixed 3 Tbsp powdered sugar with 1 tsp milk and used food coloring to make it orange. I used a lollipop stick to draw the nose on. I've seen these done with candy as the face or sprinkles, so the options are endless.

Everyone at the party LOVED these and they were a visual hit of the night! They are a bit tedious and you have to work semi-quickly to prevent your chocolate from hardening or burning, but they're worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment