Saturday, December 12, 2015

Baby Does No Wrong

Must be it's a part of the package that comes with being a Mom.. There's no other way I can think of to legitimize it.

The things that drive me CRAZY when someone does them (especially my hubby, sorry dear) seem to have the total opposite effect when my daughter does them. What the?  Let's review.

1. Feet. Oh my Lord, I HATE feet. Now don't get me wrong, I will totally go to a nail salon, get a nice foot massage and a pedicure and have nothing bad to say about it.. but when it comes to me touching someone else's feet, someone touching me with their feet, sometimes even just seeing someone's gross feet, it is about enough to make me gag. But with Charlotte, I seriously think her feet are adorable. She gets a foot rub every night before bed. I play the "little piggies" game with her toes, I've even kissed her foot.. What the heck comes over me?!? I guess the whole "her genes are half mine" thing makes her feet acceptable. So weird.



2. Breathing. Yep, I'm one of those. If I hear you breathe, I'm probably secretly wishing you'd stop. The notorious "fat person breathing" makes me insane. You can be a mouth breather, that's fine, but if I hear your breathing, that's when a problem develops. Some things are intended for only you to know that you're doing. Breathing is one of those. Now with Charlotte, I could sit and listen to her breathe for hours. There's something so calming to me about hearing her breathe, especially when she gets a little vocal sigh going with every exhale.. Ah, I melt. Anyone else tries that around me, that audible breath may be their last. 

3. Burping/Farting.  So gross. Yes, I know "everybody does it" but as I said in #2, some things just should NOT be shared with those around you. With my baby girl, you'd swear she just scored the game winning point in the final seconds of the match based on the way I cheer when she burps after a bottle. 

4, Lip Smacking/Slurping. I'm pretty sure this is a fairly common annoyance, so there's no need to elaborate. I will say that Charlotte is 100% a lip smacker- especially now that we are introducing solid foods and for some reason it is so cute to me. The second my husband tried to imitate her I seriously contemplate returning to my MMA days and going for the 6 second knock-out, but for Char, so so cute.


5. Staring. If someone is filling their time by giving me or anyone else an intense stare, it gets awkward. I am not even into the romantic stares. It's weird. I don't want you eyes taking in every single slight movement I make. If you are watching hard enough that you can see me swallow, we've got issues. Now when Charlotte stares at me, it is just the sweetest thing ever and I never want anything to interrupt it. Those pretty little eyes can stare at me as awkwardly as she wants and I will soak in every single second of it.


Why do we do this? I guess it's all just part of the ever-strong "motherly love" that takes over us all when our little ones enter the world. So for now, I'm going to cherish every time Charlotte does these little things, as I'm sure once she gets older, it won't be quite so cute when she belches loud enough for the neighbors to hear after a meal.   


No comments:

Post a Comment