Thursday, August 20, 2015

Gourmet for Days

As a new mom, it has become nearly impossible to spend the time that I used to put into creating elaborate gourmet meals for my husband and myself. Luckily, things have started to settle down so I have been able to regain a bit of my creativity in the kitchen while the little one supervises from her bouncer chair.

I'm working on losing the baby weight and typically operating on a pretty sleep deprived , so breakfast is a very important part of my day.

Today, baby girl was in a particularly cooperative mood, so I had some extra time to make myself a delicious meal!


So all of this was prepared and ready to eat within 10 minutes! Not too shabby, eh?

For starters, I sauteed some sliced potatoes in coconut oil with a bit of salt and pepper. I used canned, pre-sliced potatoes so they would cook quicker, and just tossed them in a saute pan with some hot coconut oil.

At the same time, I cooked 2 eggs with 6 cherry tomatoes sliced in half. When the potatoes were done, I pulled them out of the pan and put some fresh spinach right into the hot pan. The eggs and spinach finished around the same time.

I put everything on a plate and topped my eggs with some goat cheese crumbles. Typically, I would have used feta but since I've eliminated cow's milk from my diet, I have a new found appreciation for goat cheese!

Truth be told, it was absolutely DELICIOUS! And goes to show that fancy breakfasts don't have to be super time consuming.


No comments:

Post a Comment