Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Dairy Free Ice Cream Dream

Ok, so you may know I have recently gone dairy and soy free to attempt to make my breast milk compatible with my little one's tummy.

With the exclusion of dairy unfortunately comes the exclusion of delicious creamy treats like coffee creamer, cheese and, most importantly, ice cream.

I tried the options that are available in our local grocery store, almond ice cream and "Rice Dream"... let me tell you they were no where near the ice cream I was so desparately craving.

Luckily, I came across some amazing recipes for non dairy ice cream and decided to give it a try. Turns out it was DELICIOUS!!! And so much healthier than ice cream. I may stick with this as my "ice cream" for good from now on! It would certainly not bother me at all for my kiddo to grow up liking my "look alike" ice cream better than the sugar loaded, fattening products available in stores!

Here's what I used:

1 banana, peeled and frozen
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup vanilla almond milk

That's it!

I put all ingredients in my ninja blender system together and blended them for about 60 seconds, until a creamy texture formed.

It was absolutely the perfect substitute for ice cream in my non-dairy diet. Next up I'm going to start trying some flavor combinations- I'm thinking peanut butter, strawberry and wild berry! Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment