Wednesday, September 30, 2015

WAHM, BAM, THANK YOU MA'AM!

Call me crazy... I am one of those women that went to college, got a great degree, has a great resume, landed an awesome job out of school and... secretly wanted to be a stay at home mom.

WHAT?!?

I know.. I'm one of "those" girls. Well... yes, I am, and stinking proud to be one!


However, I soon found that just sitting at home playing patty cake and changing diapers was a little less than an awesome way to spend every day. Not to mention, we just had a baby.. hello $$$$$$$. Putting all that extra pressure on just my hubby's income was a little bit stressful for all of us.

So, I started researching. After many many MANY hours of reading blogs, reviews, BBB articles and ratings and sending emails to collect information, I wound up at www.odesk.com (now www.upwork.com).



I had heard good things, so I decided what the hey.. might as well give it a shot! How bad could it possibly be, right?

I filled out an application and within a week I had a request for an interview! AWESOME!

I interviewed for the position and within a day started working. I ended up with a position as an Online Business Manager for a marketing firm. It was a bit of an adjustment for me, as I was used to the daily interactions with my boss, usually having at least that one person at work that drove me nuts, piles and piles of papers on my overly crowded desk and 8-10 hours worth of uncomfortable shoes.   Turns out, it is the PERFECT job! My boss and I immediately clicked. We get along great and have similar ways of thinking so it makes clocking in and starting emails every day super easy.

I recently also started working as manager for a clothing company. Definitely not a field I ever imagined myself being in, but again, it's GREAT!

So the jist of this blog- don't be afraid to go for what you want. You CAN make a living at home. There are actual places online that pay real money for real work.

Are there scams out there? Absolutely.

Are there people who will try to screw you? You bet.

Are there people who need help that will help you live out your dream as a work at home mom? Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES.

Don't settle. Live the life you want. You, your little one, and your happiness depend on it!







No comments:

Post a Comment