Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Brown Sugar Bourbon Salmon

Confession: I am NOT a salmon person. I want to be. I envy those people who can get excited over going out to eat and getting a piece of plain salmon and enjoy it. I am a salmon doctorer.. The less salmon I taste, the more I enjoy it. And this recipe, I must say, does one heck of a doctor job!

It's actually way easier than I imagined and twice as delicious!

Here's what you need:

2 Tablespoons butter
1/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
2 Salmon Steaks
1/5 Cup Bourbon
1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional)

That's all you need! Told you this was going to be easy.

1. Melt the butter in a saute pan over medium heat.
2. Add the brown sugar and cayenne, whisk until combined and let cook for a bit to start to melt down the sugar
3. Place the salmon steaks in the pan on top of the brown sugar/butter mix.
4. Let the salmon cook 3-5 minutes, until about halfway done.
5. Flip the salmon, remove from heat and add bourbon.
6. Return to heat and cook 3-5 minutes longer.
7. If you're like me and want the salmon thoroughly coated, flip the salmon a few more times in the mixture while it thickens.
8. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment