Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Easy Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

Here in PA, we have had some crazy winter weather this year... by crazy I mean it has been below freezing like 2 days. I'm totally fine with that, but it has made my taste buds take come crazy leaps. One day I'm craving chili and hot cocoa, the next I'm all for watermelon and lemonade. Last night, I had a pumpkin craving, so I decided to whip up a SUPER easy pumpkin spice cake. 

This one is always a winner with my husband, who is one of those crazy "I don't like sweet desserts" people, and it's incredibly simple to throw together. 

Here's what you need for the cake:
1 Box yellow cake mix
1 (regular size, not the extra large cans) Easy Pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 the amount of water called for on the cake mix box

Here's what you need for the frosting:
1 Brick Cream Cheese (at room temp works best- if not you'll need to microwave it to soften it a bit)
3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Tablespoon cinnamon

Here's how you make this delicious little treat:
1. Preheat the over to the temperature on the cake mix box.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients for the cake with electric beaters, until smooth.
3. Bake according to the cake mix box. (* This cake may take a bit longer because of the extra moisture from the pumpkin)
4. Cool cake.
5. In a medium bowl, using electric beaters, mix together all frosting ingredients until a smooth, creamy frosting texture forms. 
6. I like to spread this frosting onto the cake while the cake is still a bit warm. It melts down a bit over the cake and works like a glaze. Plus, the cake tastes AWESOME while it's warm! 
7. To store, just cover and refrigerate! 

Enjoy!! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment