Friday, January 8, 2016

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate chip cookies are one of those things that everyone seems to have their own way of making them. Some like them soft, some like them crunchy, some like theirs to be the texture of cake... you get the point. For me, I like them denser than cake so they taste like a cookie, but soft and chewy with a little tiny bit of crunch around the edges.  Now don't judge too hard, I'm not a cookie snob that's going to reject everyone else's cookies.. I'll still chow down, but if I'm making my own, I want them to be made the way I like them.


Ok, enough talking right? Let's get down to business.

Here's what you'll need:
  • 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
  • 1 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar
  • 3/4 Cups Butter, melted
  • 3/4 Cups Shortening (I use all vegetable shortening)
  • 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
  • 3 Eggs, Room Temp
  • 4 Cups All purpose Flour
  • 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups Chocolate Chips
And here's how you make them:
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Using an electric mixer, cream together brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, shortening and vanilla in a large bowl. The key here is to actually cream them together. I always used to under beat this step. Keep beating for 3-4 minutes, until your mixture takes on a light tan color and appears smooth and frosting-like. Add in the eggs one at a time, but only beat until incorporated.
3. In a smaller bowl, sift flour, baking soda and salt together. 
4. Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture until combined.
5. Fold in chocolate chips gently. 
6. Drop Tablespoon sized balls onto ungreased cookie sheets, spaced about 2 inches apart.
7. Bake 8-10 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE! You only want your cookies to be slightly browned around the bottom edges and set nicely so they don't feel liquidy when touched. 

Pour yourself a nice glass of milk or cocoa and prepare to fall in love. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment