Friday, July 17, 2015

Easy Creamsicle Cupcakes

Am I the only one that always seems to make last minute dinner plans with friends and then get into a pinch when I realize I have nothing to make and take for my contribution to the meal? 

What a crappy feeling! 

Luckily, I have a super easy recipe that is made from 3 simple ingredients that are practically non perishable! The major perk here is that you can stock up your pantry and not have to worry about having nothing to take to your dinner party! 

The beauty of this dessert is that it is super versatile. You can use any combination of flavored you can dream of. 

Here's what you need: 
One can of soda (I used orange soda for this recipe) 
One boxed cake mix (I used Betty Crocker white cake mix for this)
One can icing (optional- I used fluffy white)

All you do is mix the can of soda with the box of cake mix and bake according to the box! Sometimes I bake an extra 5 minutes or so to make it a little less sticky. 

Once it's out of the oven, pop it into the freezer (if you're in a hurry) to cool. Once it is cooled, spread the icing over the cake or cupcakes and voila! If you're really feeling fancy, you can cut out the cupcake centers and fill them with icing. 

I use ziploc bags to pipe frosting into the cupcakes. Just spoon icing into the bag, remove excess air, seal the bag and snip one of the bottom corners. Then squeeze the icing out and into your cupcakes! 


Everyone will be impressed and it'll take you practically no effort to concoct a delicious dessert! 

Happy baking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment